Seems like this blog post is a week late. From September 20 until the 26 last year it was National Singles month. Inside the 1980s, the Buckeye Singles Council of Ohio began this observance which falls about next full week of September. It actually was started to
… know that numerous single Us citizens try not to identify together with the word “single” because they’re moms and dads, have actually associates or tend to be widowed.
Here are some recent interesting details and stats on singles in the us:
- There are now 95.9 million single people in the U.S. that are 18 many years or more mature cougars. This makes right up 43 percent of all of the grownups. (from 2008)
- 53 % among these singles are females
- 61 % of those singles do not have already been married prior to. 24 per cent have-been divorced and a further 15 per cent had been widowed.
- Seniors (65+) account fully for 15.8 million of person singles which 16 per cent having not ever been hitched.
- 11.6 million of sex singles tend to be moms and dads living with kids, 9.8 million are females.
The full fact sheet regarding the Unmarried and Single Us americans day, go to the U.S. Census Bureau.